SHOULD I HIRE AN AIA ARCHITECT FOR MY BUILDING PROJECT?Posted: January 19, 2013
Ask the Architect
by Frank Cunha III
What do Architects do? And how can they help me and my business?
Few people realize how complicated it is to build-that is until they find themselves lost in a maze of design options, building codes, zoning laws, contractors and so on. No two building projects are exactly alike, so there is no single clear-cut path to follow. Whether you’re about to expand your current facility, adapt an existing structure to a new use, or construct an entirely new building, your building project represents a major investment that will affect the productivity and efficiency of your organization for years. Smart decision-makers know that the way to maximize such an investment begins with consulting an architect. Architects are the only professionals who have the education, training, experience and vision to maximize your construction dollar and ease the entire design and construction process.
Why an AIA Architect?
Look for the AIA initials after the name of any architect you consider for your project. AIA architects remain current with professional standards through continuing education and subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct that assure clients, the public, and colleagues of their dedication to high standards in professional practice.
Involving an AIA architect at the earliest stage in project planning can allow for a better opportunity to analyze your needs, develop effective solutions, and propose more ways to reduce costs from the beginning. With a broad understanding of design and construction, an AIA architect can help guide you through the entire process more smoothly.
How Can an AIA Architects Help Me?
- Clarify and define your building needs.
- Look ahead.
- Manage your project.
- Maximize your investment.
- See the big picture.
- Solve problems.
- The Architect can save you money.
“The Architect can make your life easier.”
Why Are the Architect’s design services a wise investment for the money, not just an added cost to my project?
- A well-conceived project can be built more efficiently and economically.
- An energy efficient buildings can save you money on fuel bills down the road.
- The architect can work with your budget and help you select the appropriate materials and workmanship at a fair price.
- An architect can help you choose materials and finishes that are durable as well as beautiful, saving on frequent maintenance and replacement costs.
- Living or Working in a space that meets your needs and is well designed will make you ( and/or your family, tenants, employees, customers) happy.
- Great design sells.
- Finally, The Architect can make your life easier.
- NCARB - NCARB Homepage
- American Institute of Architects - AIA Homepage
- Why hire an AIA Architect?
- What is Building Information Modeling (BIM)?
- More Posts
- About Me , My Experience , How to Contact Me
We would love to hear from you on what you think about this post. We sincerely appreciate all your comments.
If you like this post please share it with friends. And feel free to contact us if you would like to discuss ideas for your next project!
Frank Cunha III
I Love My Architect – Facebook
FC3 ARCHITECTURE+DESIGN, LLC
P.O. Box 335, Hamburg, NJ 07419
Licensed in NJ, NY, PA, DE, CT.