Leap of Faith by @FrankCunhaIIIPosted: June 9, 2012 | |
Once in a while, maybe after plateauing, we need to take a leap. This Leap of Faith, (insert level of faith here, depending on your level of preperation and/or confidence), is necessary in order to break through and achieve your life goal. Whether in marriage, career, family, sports life, or whatever, there comes a moment when all you can do is brace yourself, and leap wholeheartedly, into the next level.
If it were easy, everybody would do it. If it were simple, there would be no leaping required, nevermind faith. There’s no class (I know of) that teaches us how to brace ourselves for the jump. Maybe there’s no need for bracing, but of letting go instead?
- Let go of the negative thoughts.
- Let go of the voices (or ghosts) in your head saying “You can’t do this!”
- Let go of the anger, remorse, guilt, or uneasy feelings.
- Let go of your inhibitions or fears.
- Let go of your unbridled emotions.
Instead, focus on reminding yourself that:
- You are ready, you have been preparing for this moment.
- You are the master of your thoughts and actions,
- You can only control your own thoughts and actions.
- You don’t owe anyone anything. Don’t worry about anyone else.
- You CAN do this.
Afterall, in order to be successful and happy we must continue to evolve and grow. The only way we can do this is to silence the forces (and voices) of discouragement and follow your heart to achieve greatness. No one else can do it for you.
If you like this post please share it with friends. And feel free to contact us if you would like to discuss ideas for your next project!
Frank Cunha III
I Love My Architect – Facebook
FC3 ARCHITECTURE+DESIGN, LLC
P.O. Box 335, Hamburg, NJ 07419
Licensed in NJ, NY, PA, DE, CT.